Find New Hobbies
Hobbies are a way to decompress from the stresses of daily life, as they provide us with a sense of purpose and identity whilst allowing us to switch off.
A hobby can also be a great way to make new friends and build a community around you. So, if you are feeling low and doubting yourself, finding a new hobby can be a great thing to do.
Recognise that a hobby doesn’t have to be something that is extremely challenging or completely physical. It can be anything that you enjoy doing and don’t have to spend an extreme amount of time investing in.
Not sure how to find a new hobby? Here are some ideas of things to consider:
- An activity you enjoy but is also low-key and easy to fit into your schedule;
- Something you can pair with your existing interests or passions;
- An activity that helps you to build skills that you can use when you are looking for a job or pursuing a career;
- An activity that gives you a sense of pride or accomplishment when you complete it;
- Above all, find something that you look forward to doing and that gives you focus when feeling low or overwhelmed.
Be A Man Of His Word
People are judged based on their word. So, if you are a man of your word, people will have more confidence in you than if you are always back-talking. Back-talking is a low and negative quality that reflects poorly on a man, or indeed anyone. It is a sign of insecurity and, as such, needs to be addressed.
If you find yourself back-talking, here are some ways you can address it:
Address back-talking directly. If you catch yourself back-talking, try to stop yourself immediately;
Use positive affirmations;
Write down your promises and post them where you will see them every day;
Use self-talk that makes you believe that you can keep your promises.